Tuesday, May 14, 2013

What a great weekend!

Saturday we went to Campbell and Presley’s birthday party.  Campbell’s theme was Thomas the Train and Presley’s was fairies.  Both were so cute!  I hope I can be crafty and throw Wesley cute parties soon!  I also hope we are in our new house by her first birthday….sigh!  Anyway, me and Scott left the party early and met up with Bryan and Kelly.  We saw Jason Aldean and Jake Owen in concert.  I think the opening act, Jake Owen, was best. But it might have something to do with his 6 month old baby dancing in the carrier her mommy was wearing.  It was the cutest thing!  She had pink head phones protecting her little ears but she was so content swaying to the music with her mom.  After Jake finished he came down off the stage and bent over to give her a sweet kiss.  Her name is Olive Pearl.  She and Wesley should be friends!  Is it sad that the only picture I took from the concert was of a baby???

Sunday was my first Mother’s Day as a mom.  It was bittersweet and wonderful all at the same time.  I had the very best mother in the world and I miss her everyday!  She would have been so in love with Wesley!  The day began with sweet snuggle time in bed with the smiling princess.  She was smiling ear to ear! Adorable.  Then my #1 husband cooked a delicious breakfast before church.  So great that I skipped lunch.  We got to see Mandy at FUMC and then Bryan and Kelly after church.  Lots of hugs and kisses for Wesley!  The two things I really wanted for Mother’s Day were a nap and a run.  I got both!  Me and Wesley took a nap together and then I went for a late afternoon run that was not quite as enjoyable but I’m getting there.  This was the third time to run in…well, a long time!  Zoe’s birthday was May 9th.  So we celebrated her birthday and Mother’s Day together with a fish fry at the house.  Again, many hugs and kisses for Wesley Kay!  This Mother’s Day turned out to be everything I could ever want!  I have the best family!  And the very best baby!!!!

I leave you with pictures from the weekend of this special baby…

IMG_0210 

IMG_0252

IMG_0249

IMG_0247

No comments:

Post a Comment